10 Easy steps to install Android emulator in windows
What is AVD
As an android developer, the first task you should be doing is getting familiar to Android Emulator (also known as Android Virtual Device Manager or AVD). In this article, I will show how to install Android emulator which provides the real time Android look and feel. You can run your apps or install apps from Google Play and see how they run.
Steps to install and run AVD
The steps to install and run the Android Emulator \are :
1) Download the Android SDK for Windows from : http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
2) Run the installer and complete the wizard steps.
3) After installation, start Android SDK Manager from Start Menu which should look like the following screenshot:
4) Check and install the items checked out in the above screenshot. It should take some time to install these packages.
5) Once you try to download and install the above mentioned packages, you will be asked to accept the license terms in another popup as shown below:
6) After installation of these packages is complete. Go to Start Menu and start Android AVD Manager.
7) Click New and create a new Android emulator. I used the following settings for the same.
8) Once created, start the emulator by clicking the Start button, choosing the screen resolution, clicking Launch button and you should see the following screen in some time.
You can start as many instance of an AVD as you want. Of course, this will consume system resources.
9) Now play around with various apps that come out of the box. This should give you a feel of how to use the interface.
10) To shut down the emulator, simple use the close button on emulator window